Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grumpy

Hello!
I'm still alive!
I wasn't scared of the surgery, just the recovery. Laura was miserable for the better part of a week after having her wisdom teeth taken out.

I was coherent and able to talk (except for the mouthful of gauze) as soon as I came out of anesthesia. Monday and Tuesday weren't so bad. I laid on the sofa with ice packs on my face, and my mommy took good care of me. I was in no pain, and I really enjoy mashed potatoes and gravy and television and sleep, so it wasn't so bad.

Today, however, I have been very grumpy. I can feel where my stitches are. The ice packs won't stay cold and won't stay put. My cheeks are starting to swell. I have things I need to do, and I keep feeling so very hindered. I forgot to take my medicine on time twice. I wanted to sleep, and couldn't. All day I lied on the sofa trying to fall asleep in vain. I managed a one hour nap. And I've been grumpy. I think I mentioned that already. And my poor, dear friends Sarah and Megan are over, and I'm just no fun.

And did I mention how annoying these stupid ice packs are?!
**sigh**
So, thank you to everyone who prayed for me. Your prayers have been working. As you can see, I'm perfectly fine. And I will be able to go to the prayer advance. We're leaving early in the morning.

Methinks a prayer advance is just what grumpy-face needs. :|
<3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^