Monday, January 26, 2009

Life Lesson Monday

Lesson: Don't overlook the little things in life. You might find something that brightens your day.

I sat down at the table, passed out the foam plates, and began preparing my hamburger.
Hurriedly (I was hungry), I squirted some ketchup onto my burger.
Most of the time I don't even eat ketchup.
sploourt.
"Hey!" I thought, "That kinda looks like a happy face! And I didn't even do it on purpose! ... Hm. I'm too hungry to be noticing the shape of my ketchup splat. Whatever. More ketchup."
sploourt.
"HEY!" I thought, "Now there's a nose in my ketchup face! And I didn't even do it on purpose! I thought I was going to mess the face up and forget all about it. But now it looks even more like a face!"
So instead of ignoring it, I showed Laura. And Mama. And it was an awful cute accidental ketchup face.
Sadly, I don't have a picture. I wish I'd have been a little more patient and taken a picture to brighten up this blog post, but I was awfully hungry. :)

Anyways, here's what I like to think: God was sending me a little reminder to be happy, and I ignored it. So you know what he did? He put a nose on it, and made me notice it again.
And if you don't think God does little things like that, that's fine. But keep your eyes open, because I promise He does, and it will certainly brighten your day when you take the time to notice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^