Friday, March 21, 2008

We've come this far together...

Don't be scared of me now.

Disclaimer: I'm not always silly. I do have serious thoughts, and sometimes I feel like sharing. More often than not, though, my mind is absolutely full of random thoughts that I love sharing. So, for those who may be concerned for my well-being, do not worry. I just feel like sharing some randomness and love. :D **laughs** And maybe letting the silly part of my girlishness come out for a few minutes.


To begin with, those of you who haven't seen my album on facebook ought to see a couple of pictures from St. Patrick's Day. We broke a record at preschool. 8 out of my 10 kids got in trouble. tsk tsk tsk. **sigh** But we still had fun! Some of you may recall my mention of a green wig from a previous post.



I say, everyone loved it. (of course I did. I think it's pretty cool.) One of the other teachers couldn't stop staring, though. She said "You know, you really should grow your hair out. You look completely different with long hair -I mean, I know that's green, but long hair is really pretty on you. You really need to grow your hair out long. And straighten it." :-P The 2 year olds kept saying "mermaid! mermaid!" So, I liked being the green-haired "mermaid" for a day. I'm trying to think of what other holidays it would be appropriate for. Earth Day is all I've come up with so far.



Everybody got a shamrock painted on their face. Here are 3 of my sweet boys showing off their shamrocks and smiles. L-R: Silas, Ethan, and Jackson. If you want to see the rest of my pictures from St. Patrick's Day, check out my album on Facebook. I think it will work. If it doesn't, somebody please let me know.


To move on to another random topic; my (semi) conversion.
I always thought I hated dreads. Hate as in "ew! a guy with dreadlocks! GROSS!" Hate as in a rant ensued whenever I saw them. "Ew! Why would anybody do that?"

Then I watched Stargate Atlantis. And more recently, American Idol. And so, I present unto you the reasons I am no longer permanently prejudiced against dreadlocks.

Their names: Jason.
Both Jasons! Cool.
Here's some interesting information I just found while looking for this way cool picture.

"After Stargate Atlantis season 4 shooting was over, Jason Momoa had his dreadlocks cut off. The weight of them was causing him headaches, and even whiplash when filming action scenes. It may be that they sew them back on for the start of Season 5 filming."

Okay, so ...watching him flingin' the dreads while fightin' the bad guys might just lose a little of the intensity if I'm sitting there thinking "he had those sewn back on... O_o"

Then we have Jason Castro, whom I think is adorably cute. (I'm allowed to say that, right?) Although, pictures aren't very good to him. Most pictures made him look silly or girly. Gr. He looks better live. A longish interview video. Jason's not so good at interviews. Better at singing.

Lest you think my conversion radical, I attest unto you that I flipped out the other day (sort of, and not in a good way) when I saw some middle-aged white man bicycling down the road, with his super-long dreads pulled back behind him. I still said "yuck!" in my head.

But maybe I accept the dreads because both of these Jasons have nice faces, so it doesn't matter what kind of hair they have? ... Partly. But somehow they really add to the "cool" factor when "Ronan" is knocking out a bajillion Wraith at once with his big stick.

And I'll move on before I lose you here.

The other day, I was browsing a random article. I do so quite frequently. You know how web pages always have random links and ads and such - especially news pages. They're full of links to other articles, and sometimes I just have to click. The curiosity... Anyways. So I was reading this article about traveling for a date to meet someone you met online. (*insert loud guffaw*) The people who write those always add really corny jokes. Anyways, these helpful tips were provided by match.com, as was a little sign-up box, intended to lure me in. "You must be 18 or older to use this service" caught my eye. And then the little, laughing lightbulb in my head said "Haha! I'm old enough to use a dating service!" in a sarcastic, highly amused little voice. Then it added "I'm old enough to enter stupid sweepstakes now, too!"

And I occasionally like to eat Spam.

So, I suppose this post is a confessional of sorts. Let's recap, shall we?
  • I like the attention I get from wearing a green wig. And I actually think it looks cool.
  • I like some dreads, on certain good-looking guys.
  • I would never, ever use an online dating service, but sometimes I read their articles.
  • I think most sweepstakes are stupid. (okay, that's just because I know I'd never win. -and then they spam you after you give them information.) Which brings us to
  • I like Spam. Sometimes.
*Dory voice*
And, uh, well... well, I don't think I've ever eaten a fish.
Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.
Actually, I have eaten fish...
And I love all of my friends, and I'm sorry if I scared you. :D

-Me




No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^