Thursday, September 18, 2008

Suggested Writing

Dear Readers,
You may recall my request for help with subject matter. Only two out of the lot of you offered any! But I appreciate their help, and am very glad to have a pre-set topic for this post and the next.
A certain Keith offered some questions, the answers of which he apparently thought might make for an interesting post. (speaking of a Keith, my mother is reading The Mouse and the Motorcycle to Benjamin right now. What a great book.)
And so, I set about answering them.

What hurt you the most this past week? Ah, I can answer that quickly and with certainty. Myself. Sometimes I stop a minute, and I realize just how hurtful I really am. I find myself impatient, quick to judge, and eager to shoot a scornful reproof. I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of all that negativity, and when I think about it, I realize how much I hurt my brothers and sisters, sometimes without even noticing, and that hurts me.

What turned it around? Sadly, it's not a situation I can just turn. I'm trying to be patient, and not criticize. Trying to ask forgiveness when I am. But I'm a work in progress, and any turning in me for the better is through Christ.

How many hours did you sleep this week(approximately)? "Many" is the answer to that question. I like sleep, and fortunately, there is nothing to interfere with my getting a good round 8 hours most of the time. That means about 56 hours.

Is it effecting the way you function? Indeed. I've been rather lively and healthy lately.

What was the last thing you bothered to eat that you didn't have the need to, but you just wanted it really bad? marshmallows.
Long version: Laura decided she wanted to build a campfire tonight. To burn some old school papers there were no use for, and to have marshmallows!
I. Love. Marshmallows. Seriously - I think I had about 12. Ah, to have a long, long stick (that kind that makes that beautiful whipping noise when you flick it through the air), with 2 marshmallows on the end....No skewers for a me. I'll take a good ole stick any night... Turning it round and round over hot, glowing coals. The perfect mashmallow is light golden brown and crispy on the outside, and completely melted inside - falling off the stick. I looove toasted marshmallows. nom nom nom! **licks fingers**

Another Suggested Writing post coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. i don't understand the post. i think i would have to read back in others?

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^