I finally did it.
I finally created a properly shaped flat cap. No crazy, extranneous pieces, no unneccessary steps. Just a nice looking cap of four simple pieces, joined with neat single crochet seaming.
This hat has been years in coming. Those of us looking for such a pattern rejoiced when we found the Lidsville. It had arrived! For many, content, even success, came with lidsville, that Sherlock Holmesy creation. For some, however, (*cough*me*cough) it proved to be a little fussy. (I could never get mine to turn out
And so I kept trying. Beginning almost three years ago with a hat-that-never-quite-fit, the desire to successfully produce this hat has stayed with me. Three half-baked attempts (and many hours of despair) later, I think I have it. Behold!