Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Day

This year for Easter we made the decision to forego worship at a local church to be with family for the day. Fresh faced and neatly dressed, we piled into the cars and set out.

 The great thing about worship is that it's so unrestricted. I may not have been in a church building, but my heart was definitely overflowing with worship.

Oh, to see my name written in the wounds
for through Your suffering I am free!
Death is crushed to death,
life is mine to live
won through Your selfless love!

This the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God, slain for us.
What a love, what a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross.
(Keith and Kristyn Getty - The Power of the Cross)

Some songs just say it perfectly and move me to tears almost every time.

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I am
The King of glory and of grace
One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God!
(Selah - Before the Throne of God Above)
We arrived at Mema and Pepa's house a little before noon. The sun was out, there was a cool breeze, and it was altogether lovely out. We all just relaxed for a bit. I even fell asleep curled up in a patio chair with one of the puppies. It was perfect.


Later, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Larry, and Jan came over. We all had dinner, then followed through with the Easter egg tradition. We all pitched in to dye them. There were a lot of faces on eggs this year! I love all the colors. I don't think I'll ever be to old to enjoy dyeing eggs.





Nick and Joey hid them. Abby, Emmie, and Ben searched. And searched. And searched. And begged for hints.

I joined them. And the search continued. Nick and Joey aren't allowed to hide eggs ever again. Nicholas hid a huge, yellow prize egg full of money and then absolutely forgot where he put it! Once it was found, it was past time for us to be headed home.










One thing I love about where we live now is that when we drive home in the evening, the sunset is always in the rearview. So pretty.

The End.

P.S. Sorry for the randomness of the pictures. I don't know how to use this thing efficiently. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^