Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I have the hiccups

That title is completely irrelevant to the post, but completely annoying in real life.
These aren't adorable, tiny hiccups. These are making my throat hurt. Wracking, painful hiccups. I feel like a frog.
But enough about me.
Just kidding. This blog is about me. HA!
Yesterday I was checking my email for the thirtieth time, waiting for nothing in particular, when I got an email update from needtobreathe's people about their tour. I clicked on the imbedded link to see their tour dates more out of boredom than curiosity.
And then I saw it.
They were playing a show in Augusta. 25 dollars for a ticket. April 3rd.
That's TODAY!
Well, yesterday it was tomorrow. I bought my ticket on the spot.
This is NEEDTOBREATHE we're talking about. Only my favorite band ever, whose songs helped me through dark times and piled on extra joy during the happy times. No second thoughts required. So, I dropped the 25 dollars and then found out exactly what was going on where.
It was a benefit concert with Darius Rucker headlining. Needtobreathe was somewhere in the middle of the lineup of other artists, none of whom I've ever heard before. I didn't hear them today, either. I went to hear needtobreathe and then I left (after milling about for 10 minutes, wishing I had the guts to run past the volunteers and gates and pound on trailer doors til I found them and got a picture with them...).
Oh well. I did get these pics! I was standing right by the stage, which was cool. It also afforded me the opportunity to be splashed with Mr. Rinehart's water... baha.I look totally cheesy, but I guess that's okay. I was having a great time.
Speaking of great, Seth Bolt has great hair.
And I think I was the biggest fan there. Not physically speaking. I mean I was the only one singing all the words to all the songs. Except the Johnny Cash cover they did. That was epic, but I didn't know the words.
Basically, the spur-of-the-moment opportunity to see my favorite band was AWESOME.
They're awesome. Their songs are awesome.
It would be awesomer if I could meet them eventually, but I like to imagine that they'll do lots of shows in Heaven and I can be best friends with them then.
I'm ridiculous.
And now I'm drinking coffee to satisfy my sweet tooth, because when I got home I found that my family had eaten all the ice cream.
Anyway, I learned that I can totally survive going to a concert all by me onesie, and that needtobreathe is even cooler live.
The End.
P.S. my hiccups are gone.

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are super good! I'm glad you had fun :)

    P.S. After the captcha, blogger wants me to "choose an identity." I pick Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    P.S. I wish that picking Batman as your identity made it look like the actual comment was from Batman. That would have been cool.

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^