Monday, January 24, 2011

[in]security

Thoughts from So Long, Insecurity. -Beth Moore
(Because this book is changing my life at the moment. I'm halfway through. Maybe I'll blog about the self revelation going on later. Maybe not. For now, some of my favorite thoughts, loosely quoted.)


He knows it's scary to be us. He does not take our suffering and pain lightly.

If what you went through translated as something huge to your heart,
it is huge to God on your behalf.

We live our lives screaming "somebody notice me!"
He not only notices us, He never takes His eyes off us.

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
Ps. 139:1&17

"If I search around long enough, I'll find insecurity beneath my grandiosity and arrogant expectations beneath my self-contempt."
-Dr. Richard Winter


I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear.
(Isaiah 41:9-10)

I cannot put people in charge of my security without setting them up for failure.
I must stop using others as my mirror and start seeing myself as God alone sees me.
Valuable. Worthy. Beautiful.

If you could realize how valuable you really are,
your insatiable need for affirmation would be quieted.

She is clothed with strength and dignity.
(Proverbs 31:25)
You have... crowned them with glory and [dignity]
(Psalm 8:5)

We possess dignity because God Himself has it and created us in His image.
He crowned us with it.

If we knew who we were and what God has conferred upon us, what everybody else thought of us would grow less and less significant. God wills for us to walk out the depth and breadth of our lives with dignity and security.

You are my security, God.



No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^