Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Ramblings of a Miscellanist Mind

Yes, that's the name of my blog.
And now it's the name of this post. Because I wanted to name this post, and couldn't think of anything.

Well, well, looks like I've done it again. It has been a whole 12 days since I blogged last! And so much has happened! I suppose instead of telling you all about it, I'll have to settle for giving you a little peek.

To begin with, Etsy has been huge on my brain lately. I'm up to 32 sales. And I can't stop spending hours looking at vintage dresses, and drooling over handmade soaps.
I just bought a bar of exfoliating cappuccino soap. With real ground espresso beans.
Imagine that! When I start craving a nice cuppa too late at night, I can just go take a shower, and smell like a cuppa. LOL I can't wait for it to get here.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of my plain jane white foam head. I have some hats that are ready to be listed - they just need a head to sit on for their photo shoots.

Not to mention, I'm pretty excited about the 3 packages sitting beside the door, waiting for me to send them across the US tomorrow morning. ;-)

Check out some of my new stuff:



So, anyways. Now you know about that.

But the MOST exciting thing EVER happened while I've been away from my blog.
Some of my super-bestest friends and I went to Wisconsin.
It's sort of a long story, but we basically all went up to see a girl named Rachel we got to know through online chatting and letters. She was having a huge going away party 2 days before she left to go to China. She didn't know we were coming, and she was SO surprised!
It was great.
Great big hugs to Rae and Becca. I miss you guys.


So, 5 girls and 2 moms in a minivan all weekend... going straight up to the other side of the US. Definitely very interesting. And memorable. I'm going to have to buy a new photo album, and devote the whole thing to pictures of the trip, we took so many. If you'd like to see some, check out my facebook albums.
On the Way
Tour of the Countryside

Metropolis

Sadly, I haven't uploaded the pictures from the party, or the ones from hanging out at the
Rodriguez's house yet. I'll get to it. :) I think those 3 albums should keep you busy for now.
Until I load the others, here are a few favorites (I stole them from other people...):



It was a really amazing trip. Of course, we spent almost 3 days in the van, and only 1 day actually in Wisconsin, but it was totally worth it all around. :D

I'm glad school's out now. I got some pretty great gifts from my little ones. I'm going to miss them. My Julia isn't going to be back next year. She's going to "big school." ... Now I won't get to be Aunt Caitlin anymore! *sniff* I'll be okay.

:)
Hope you're all enjoying your Memorial Day!
Have a great week!
Love, Caitlin

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sales! Isn't it weird how you spend forever trying to figure out what you should do next? I*m glad you guys had fun! Theres nothing like hanging out with friends alone in the open space to do whatever. I hope your having a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I just loved the time we spent with you all! You made Rachel's party a wonderful time for her!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^