Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Things I'm Proud of from 2012


  • I started school!
  • I read 30 books, and while that's nowhere near last year's 72, I'm still proud of it. My selections were pretty diverse.
  • Maybe it doesn't "count" since it was all school assignments, but I wrote stuff. It feels so good to write.
  • I can't really take credit for it, but I started a great job.
  • I made new friends. I didn't hold back. This time last year I was reading Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity, and while I haven't really thought about it much in the previous year, I realized that in the process of finding my place here in Aiken, I haven't been afraid. I mean, I'm always a little nervous about new stuff, but I didn't shy away in corners. I didn't hide and wait to be noticed. I want people to like me, sure, but I haven't really spent any of my energy this year worrying that someone didn't, either.
  • I started running! Something I never thought I'd do. And while I didn't do all 5 I signed up for, I even did a couple of 5ks. Granted, I've gotten off course the last couple of months, but I'm gearing up to get back at it.
  • I did a lot of crafty stuff.
  • I went to see my favorite band on a whim.
  • I drank a heck of a lot of coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^