Friday, January 11, 2013

honest moment

I just read this: "Ladies, put your heart into the hands of God, & He will put it into the hands of a man who deserves it."

A lot of my friends find that encouraging. Like I said, I have trust issues. So, to be completely honest, my response is, "Oh yeah? Who says. First of all, He never promised all girls who want to get married will get good husbands, so there's that. Secondly, what if He just wants to take my heart and keep it closed in the dark between his two hands? or put it on a shelf or something?" 

I dunno if it's disrespectful to think/say stuff like that... all I know is, I'm not perfect. I don't have perfect trust. I have doubts and selfish fears. I know God's word is true and His plan is perfect. But knowing doesn't just translate to living in an effortless snap.

so... yeah. that was personal. *awkward*

2 comments:

  1. I think it's easy to hear something like that quote and think, "Oh, yeah, that's cool." And forget about it. But to question it and admit to yourself that you have issues with that is a sign of growth. Maybe I'm saying that because I have my own trust issues. And of course, there is the whole time/patience thing. I appreciate and applaud your honest moment :)

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^