Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Undeserving

I've always thought of myself as a blogger. Probably due to the fact that I've kept a fairly faithful running update of my life since the days of homeschool jumpers and LiveJournal. However, I'm feeling rather undeserving of my self-imposed title.

I really enjoy blogging. It's probably the self focus that is so attractive to me.
"Here is me! Aren't I lovely? This is what I did! Isn't that nifty?"
Then again, it's not all selfishness. Writing is fun! Expressing myself with words is sort of a creative experience. Lately, though, (and who knows how long lately has been) I find myself neglecting my blog. Not because I don't want to write, but more because I don't know what to write about.

"I got up, cooked something, and crocheted a hat" gets old, you know? Doesn't garner many comments either, and we might as well admit it- what's the point of posting if it's something nobody's going to comment on. (Okay, so there are exceptions, but you get me, right?)

That's another thing. People "getting me". I don't think they do sometimes. I want to be more pithy. Write about real stuff, serious thoughts, not just what I did this week. But sometimes I do write something a little more introspective, and once it's out there I feel like nobody "gets it".
Of course, that's not completely true. A lot of my friends understand me perfectly, but sometimes I find myself starting to throw out disclaimers left and right to ensure nobody misconstrues what I'm saying.

Now that I've stopped and re-read what I've written so far, I don't really know where I was going with this. I just thought I needed to update, so I started typing.

And in case you did just happen to be wondering what I cooked recenty, I shall tell you. Absolutely fantastic ricenoodle stir-fry, and some amazing banana bread.

The End. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^