Thursday, November 29, 2012

This is Madness

Apparently, I shouldn't be left alone in a room with scissors and a mirror. 
Crazy things happen. 
Like, my hair goes missing. I did not have bangs earlier today. Everyone at church can tell you.
 I straightened my hair, and I had no bangs. 
The hair at the front of my head was as long as the rest of it.
Then I got home. 
I dunno what happened after that, but this is what I look like now:



Crazy, right?
It all started with just barely trimming the rough ends off. Some of those ends were like 6 months old and getting icky. But... that little snip, snip is addicting, and I thought "I'll just trim up these front bits a little more so the edges will be a little nicer." And then I thought "I'll just shape this up a little so it'll be more like swoopy bangs." And then I thought "I wonder what I would look like with legit bangs?" 
And then I thought "That's just crazy talk. Don't even think about it. Do not cut bangs."

I didn't do it all at once. I did it like an eighth of an inch at a time. It took over an hour, because I went so slow. 

I told you, folks. It's madness.

And the worst part about it is, it's going to look absolutely ridiculous after I wash my hair and all those little bangs curl up. 

P.S. I do think it's pretty cool to be a grown up because I can cut my own hair and not get in trouble for it. lol

4 comments:

  1. I do this at least once or twice a year. Cut my own hair, but not full on bangs. Actually, I lie, I cut bangs like 4 weeks ago, and have had them pinned up since then! Your p.s. made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the control factor of cutting my own hair, I think. lol even if I don't love what I did to it, it was my choice and my action! And, about the bangs, that's probably what I'm going to be doing to mine, too. They had just gotten long enough when natural and curly to let them be and STOP pinning them back, but... yeah. I just can't stay content! And another bad thing about it is I swore to quit straightening my hair, because ruining it from heat is the reason I cut it all off to begin with! I just can't stop. haha

      P.S. I'm glad to see you back in the blogosphere. :) I never told you so, but I missed your blog while you were away!

      Delete
  2. I do this ALL the time!!!! lol. I love being able to cut my hair!!
    Yours looks really cute like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sami! So fun to cut your own hair, right?! :D

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^