Sunday, November 25, 2012

School Update

I know y'all wanna know what's going on. I didn't want y'all worrying about me.
( ... okay, sort of. I really do like it when people worry about me sometimes. It makes me feel like they care about me. And who doesn't want to be cared about, really?)

Anyway. If I can just make it past Tuesday afternoon, I'll be all right. The rest of the semester is only two weeks long after that, and it will just be finals, which I'm not really worried about. I've made good grades so far, so I'll just study up and be all right. Pretty sure it'll be like coasting after this past week.

I've spent the entire week stressing about the beginning of the upcoming week.

Monday, I have a group presentation due. I have not met with my group. I just now put together a slideshow. It'll take about a minute to flip through. It's supposed to be a 20 minute presentation. I'm kind of at a loss. Maybe I should email my group members and ask them to please present a small essay for each point on the slide. I don't even know. Ach.

Tuesday my "big" English paper is due. It's not that big, but it's the first actual research paper I've ever had to do. (Thanks for not making me do one in HS, mom. -no, that's not sarcasm...) So, I've spent 4 weeks complaining about it and 1 week actually working on it. So, that's what I did for Thanksgiving. (well, I did other stuff too.) ANYWAY. I still have to write a conclusion, source evaluations, and touch up my citations. Which doesn't sound like much, but it kind of still is.

And in case you're not aware, it's midnight, Sunday morning. Which means I have 36 hours til my presentation is due, and 56 til my paper is due, with church and work and classes between. You would not believe how short those hours are going to feel.

And I think if I don't go to bed right now (I'll get 8 hours of sleep...) those hours are gonna feel even longer since I'd be tired. Let's hope I don't have nightmares about my research paper and children being eaten by a pack of grinning, evil white lions again. (yes, really.)

P.S. I am so thankful for all of my new friends from Breezy Hill. I feel accepted. Which is nice. I'm used to having to fight to feel that way, and I didn't have to. <3 p="p">
P.P.S. I am so thankful that I am not sick. So many people are so sick right now, and I can't imagine trying to finish out the semester on a flu or stomach flu!

P.P.P.S. I am so thankful ... now I don't remember what I was going to say. But I really am so thankful for so much.

1 comment:

  1. Group projects are THE WORST! I don't know why profs insist upon them. At any rate...you got this, girl! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^