Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh, the adventures!

We have moved into our new house. Built in 1982, it has some interesting... character flaws?
Moving has been a big ol' pain!! And there's still stuff in the old house, and boxes, boxes, boxes in the new house. However, New House is now pretty homey, and the adjustment has been easier than I thought it would be.

Turns out, *dun dun dun* I am NOT getting to keep my job. It's just not gonna work out. So, I'm very sad. And I cried again. ha! But after moping around and being grumpy for the past two days, I've decided it's of no use. It's not very fun to walk around being a downer all the time. So, I'm resigned to the disappointment, and trusting that other good things will happen. :) Stopping at Quik Trip and getting a latte last night worked wonders, too.

In the meantime, I'm working the rest of this month, and I intend to enjoy it. Much to my dismay, Mrs. Dawn was out this week, so I got to be the leader. Our projects did not get finished, and our Bible stories were rather violently abridged. Maybe violently isn't the right choice of words there... Anyways, it was a tough week. Today involved blood. Child running down hallway trips, plows headlong into corner of water fountain... large gash in forehead... mhm. I have the blood on my shirt to prove it. **points proudly** I forgot to change. lol It's kind of like a battle scar I'm proud of. Poor little dude. He'll have a lovely scar from that one. But isn't it said chicks dig scars?

The past three afternoons have found me at the Old House after work, gathering stuff to take back to the New House. It's creepy in there. All empty and echoey and sad. Forlorn and forgotten... **sniff** It was a good house. I get scared though. Noises make me jump. And everything is louder since it's empty in there. Being alone there in the emptiness is so weird, after living there for so long.

So, I still miss my bird, in case you were wondering. Funny how he'd sort of become ingrained in my thought proccesses. I've caught myself thinking stuff like "I bet Vincent will be glad when all this moving stuff is over" or "where did they move Vincent's cage?" ... And then I remember he's not there. :P

I actually went to the library today to check my blog and update it. Somehow I spent an hour online and never did what I went to do. I'm at the Looneys' house now. I LOVE them being our neighbors!! YAY! We went for a walk together the other night and got to talk about all of our grumpinesses. It was great.

By the way, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is the saddest. movie. ever. Beautiful, but sad.

Quite the sporadic update, this was. You are now in the know. I feel like I'm missing something, but of course I don't know what it would've been.

I need to make myself some new slippers. :)

Have a happy weekend!
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^