Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Saturday!

Hello!
Welcome to Saturday. The sun is shining, the coffee is fresh and delicious, and it's going to be a good day.

I have some pictures I want to share, so just bear with me while I be random and show you pictures that have nothing to do with each other. :D

I didn't mention that I had planned to make a matching hat for those nifty gloves, did I?
But I did. See?

A couple days ago I was sitting here at the computer, looking out the window, and the sky just went black with birds. It was crazy. A HUGE flock of birds was just... I can't think of a good verb ... I dunno. Swarming is a lame word. It was more like undulating. But that sounds weird. At any rate, this huge flock of birds was just flying about, and it was so awesome. I ran outside as fast as I could to take a picture. I was disappointed because I only got like 1/4 of them in the shot, but it still turned out pretty cool.


Yesterday was good. I crocheted some stuff, and took 4 packages to the post office. Then I came home and got ready to go paint our sunday school classroom with some friends. I decided to take the camera and found this picture on the memory card.



Oddly morbid, yes? I was rather surprised. They took pictures of themselves rolicking happily in a leaf pile, and all of a sudden there's this. My little people apparently have some sort of appreciation for darker art. Who'da thunk a playful romp in a leaf pile would result in this creepy little photo? Awesome. lol

So, then I went to church and spent a little over 5 hours helping some super great people with some painting. Cubbie Bear and his friends have been banished from the walls. We've got some classier colors going on now. (shout out to Allison on her super trimwork!)


So. It's a great day for a walk. And since I'm caught up on Etsy orders, I can crochet whatever I want today! I plan to have a lovely day, and I wish you the same!

Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Great picture of the birds! Reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flock of birds - natural beauty :)
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay yeah, that picture weirded me out a little. ;-)

    I'm weird about black and white pictures, anyway though. They can look morbid. I tend to warm them up a bit to sepia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat... so cute!
    The birds pic reminds me of the Hitchcock movie The Birds... makes me a tad nervous!

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I'm so glad you're leaving a comment. ^.^